Random...

|


...and sort of off topic but, I felt like I needed to say this. Plus, it's my blog so I can do whatever the hell I want. Ok, so, I've decided that I really hate when people refer to Conner and Murphy as the "Boondock Saints". Like, lemme give you an example:

(The following conversation actually happened, though I may have paraphrased a little)

Me: So, in the third movie, I think Smecker is going to break them out to use them to his own advantage.
Someone who shall remain nameless: Wait, who? The Boondock Saints?

No. Ok just, no. The Boondock Saints is the name of the movie, fer cryin' out loud. Conner and Murphy are simply "Conner and Murphy", "Conn and Murph", "The MacManus Brothers", "The Brothers MacManus", "Those sexy Irish twin brothers that I would fuck straight into next week", or just "The Saints".

Seriously people, get it right. I don't appreciate it and neither do they ("They" of course being Conner and Murphy).

So yeah. Just wanted to get that out there cuz it's be bothering me for the past like week.

Catch you on the flip side.

~Allie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Self, don't call them boondock saints. Check


But, I got to ask...and it's going to sound stupid... but if I knew I wouldn't have to ask, even though I could probably research it myself (googles like mad)

Oh hell, so not helping! Seriously???

Will you please tell me why the movie is called the BOONDOCK Saints... because... Huh??

Wikipedia is so not helping and I would never have wondered if it weren't for your ramblings (which are catching, damn it)

What Wikipedia said:

The term boondocks refers to a remote, usually brushy rural area;[1] or to a remote city or town that is considered unsophisticated.[2] The expression was introduced to English by American military personnel serving in the Philippines during the early years of the 20th century.[3][4] It derives from the Tagalog word "bundok", meaning "mountain".[5] According to military historian Paul Kramer, the term had attached to it "connotations of bewilderment and confusion", due to the guerrilla nature of the warfare in which the soldiers were engaged [4].

The term has evolved into American slang used to refer to the countryside or any implicitly isolated rural/wilderness area, regardless of topography or vegetation. Similar slang or colloquial words are "the sticks", "the backblocks" or "Woop Woop" in Australia & New Zealand, "bundu" in South Africa, and "out in the tules" in California. The diminutive "the boonies" can be heard in films about the Vietnam War such as Brian De Palma's Casualties of War. It is used by American military personnel to designate rural areas of Vietnam.

Allie said...

Well, according to writer and director Troy Duffy's DVD commentary, he said he used the term Boondock because we don't really know where the twins are from, like they came from some obscure, middle of nowhere place in Ireland.

Hope that helps =)

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh.... O.K. that makes more sense, than my conclusion

...at the very end of Boston there is a place -which might be on a mountain - that harbors bewildered and confused people (unsophisticated the lot of them) with guerilla tendencies (hence the boys) *smiles*

Thank god the second part was released today (YES!)...

Have a nice day (and write some more)

Post a Comment