My Top 10....Favorite Movies of ALL Time.

|
Because I am bored and currently have nothing else to do, I've decided now would be as good a time as any to start my "Top 10" series. And obviously I'm going to start things off with my favorite movies. This list has been a long time coming. I always say 'Oh this movie is in my top 10 fer shure!' but I've always wanted to know...is it really? So basically this is what I came up with. The list goes from 10 to 1, with 10 being my "least" favorite and 1 being my "most" favorite. How I decided which films would make the list is basically I went through my favorite movies on my facebook and asked myself which 10 out of how ever many are on there do I never say no to watching? And then I picked the order from there. I'll also include a brief list of Honorable Mentions at the end, because I really didn't want to leave any out, but having like a 6-way tie for number 10 would have just been excessive. So, without any further adieu...

#10:
The Emperor's New Groove

Photobucket


Yes. I'm very well aware that this is a kids movie but do I care? Obviously not if it made my Top 10. The reason why it's on here is because no matter how old I get, I will always laugh at this movie. Also, when I was younger and I first rented this movie, I literally watched it like 2-3 times a day until we had to return it (Oh the good ole' days of Blockbuster...) and every time they played it on Disney channel, I'd be watching it as well. Then I finally decided to ask for it for Christmas, like 3 years ago. To me it's just a fun movie that's kind of off the beaten path from all the other Disney movies. It's also a very quotable movie, which to me is important, cuz I love sticking random movie quotes in normal conversation. But then again, who doesn't?

#9
The Wedding Singer
Photobucket

I first saw this movie not too long ago (I'd say maybe 3 years ago...) but I fell in love with it instantly. It's a romantic comedy but they manage to not make it cheesy which I can appreciate because that's the reason why I hate most Rom-Coms. Again, another hilarious movie with great music ("Somebody Kill Me" and "Grow Old With You"? Can you say classics?). You can't not have a smile on your face when you're watching this movie.

#8
The Patriot
Photobucket

As soon as I saw this movie in my 11th grade US History class, I was hooked. I know there's a lot of criticisms about how it basically turned the American Revolution into a melodrama, but I don't really care. Historically accurate or not, it's a great movie. I know my previous 2 picks were comedies, but I'd take a blood and guts war movie over a Rom-Com any day. Also, Heath Ledger is sexy (may he RIP *tear*). And I've always loved colonial times and history, so there ya go.

#7
Troy
Photobucket

Ok so, sexy men with slashy undertones? This is my kind of movie. Also, blood and guts and war has something to do with it too. Again, this is another instance where my love of this movie involved watching it every day for a period of time. But that eventually had to stop because this movie is just ridiculously long. And yes I know this movie deviates from the Trojan myth, but again, I don't care. It's a well made film and the way they went about making it (I've watched the bonus feature multiple times) is amazing. Or maybe I'm just a dork when it comes to that kind of stuff. *shrug*

#6
Anchorman
Photobucket

One of the funniest movies off all time, in my opinion. Also one of the most quotable. I do have to say though, I didn't love it the first time I saw it. But after the second time I watched, it was a lot funnier than I remembered. And, like I said, this movie is quoted by everyone, so if you haven't seen it, you should deff get on that. Unless you don't like keeping up with pop culture.

#5
The Departed
Photobucket

No matter how many times you watch this movie, it never gets old. And the cast, omg. It should be illegal to have that many awesome and sexy people in one movie. While this is a film that you kind of have to see more than once to really get the full effect, you definitely won't be disappointed after you watch it the first time. Also, I'm a sucker for any movie that has people with accents and Irish overtones.

#4
National Treasure
Photobucket

Slash and conspiracy theories. Two things that I can't get enough of. And when they're in the same movie, forget it. Damn near perfection. Action, humor, mystery and of course, slashy subtext, this movie has it all. The only thing I don't like about it is Abigail, which is a shame because she was a pretty cool character until they had to go and be all cliche and pair her with Ben. But then again, this is a Disney movie, so cliche is to be expected. And Riley's so adorable that it's pretty easy to get past the cheesy elements. And it also helps that in the second movie Ben and Abigail are broken up throughout most of it. Plus, the fanfictions in this fandom are pretty strong as well.

#3
Star Trek:2009

Photobucket

Sexy men, super cool special effects, space (the final frontier) and slash. All the ingredients for a great movie, and Star Trek does not disappoint. Now, going into this movie, I knew little about the Trek universe. Basically I knew Spock, Kirk, and Scotty and not to wear red or else you will die. But even though I knew the bare minimum, that didn't stop me from throughly enjoying this movie. And then in that long long wait for it to come out on DVD, I acquainted myself with TOS and all it's wonder, before watching the movie twice online and once at a movie night at my school. This is the type of movie that the more times you watch it, the better and better it gets. Not to mention the hilarious gag reel and awesome DVD commentary. Again the only flawed thing about this movie was pairing Uhura, a female character that was totally badass, with Spock, a move that I think was very out of character for both of them. Luckily though, true Trekkies can tell the they have Zero chemistry. And hopefully they avoid the romance factor in the sequel. Unless of course it's Kirk/Spock. ;)




#2
Die Hard
Photobucket

So, Die Hard's probably a little mad at me right now because up until about a month ago, it was the undisputed leader of my favorite movies (and then two sexy Irish twins with guns came along...). It has all the makings of a perfect movie, action, humor, suspense...everywhere you look. I was literally on the edge of my seat, yelling at the TV for almost the entire movie. And Hans Gruber is definitely one of the best movie villains of all time, and without a doubt the best out of all four Die Hard movies. And Bruce Willis in the 80s? Sexy!!!

And now for #1:
The Boondock Saints
Photobucket

I don't think there are words on this planet to describe how perfect this movie is. And when I say that it's basically my obsession, you don't even know the half of it. The characters are perfect, a normally over done premise is done in a completely new and original way and uhm sexy Irish brothers that may or may not be doing it anyone? If you don't like this movie, either you didn't watch it with your undivided attention or the concept just completely went over your head. And yes, I've heard that the director Troy Duffy's an asshole, but I really don't give a shit. He made an amazing movie with a shitty budget and limited filming time. Not to mention it was blacklisted from being shown in theaters and yet STILL managed to gain cult status. And, like I said, I am obsessed. I've read the script, I've watched the deleted scenes and the gag reel and the actual movie more times than any healthy person should. The soundtrack is on my ipod as well as the prayer and the court room speech at the end....both of which I am proud to say I have memorized. I don't even know why I love it so much, but I do, and that's never going to change.


And last but not least:

Honorable Mentions: I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Night at the Museum 1&2, Brokeback Mountain, Office Space, Batman Begins, Blades of Glory, Over the Hedge, Hercules.

Catch you on the Flip Side!!!
~Allie



0 comments:

Post a Comment